Friday 26 December 2014

My first blog post about my brother's journey towards fighting with cancer!


Hello,

This blog is about how my brother's and family life changes after knowing about Abhishek's brain tumor. I am sharing this with all because it may help others to get motivated and encourage them in fight with cancer.
Please forgive  for grammatical  mistakes as I am not good in English.

My brother Abhishek is a student of NIT Warangal, EEE branch of 2010 batch. He had successfully finished his 4th semester and came home. It was 2012 June. I also came to home in same month after my examinations. I remember the day, it was June 4th, when he first told me about his headache. And after some time headache become worst and we are at doctors clinic. His CT scan shows a tumor in his pineal gland. From that day his and our struggle start. It ruins our happiness and lot of emotional and financial problem was there. Anyway we managed it and Abhishek fight with cancer so bravely that after 1 years of measure treatment followed by surgery, Radiation and Chemotherapy he was free of  cancer. I can't explain the happiness  in words here, when we came to know about this. That day Abhishek cried to much in front of Doctor. He was to emotional. It was first time when he shows his emotions after his illness. It was March, 2013. After some times Abhishek decided to go college again. But I was always afraid to let him allow to do so. His physical health was not so good, as chemotherapy ruins the body, so we decided to not allow him to go to college. It was very difficult to convince him for this.
                                                              This march he went to college for documentation work needed to continue his study for 2014-2015 session. This time he looks physically good. There are no signs of recurrence of tumor back.  He also have to meet his friends. His all friends are going to get passed out in 2014. He stayed there with his friends. So we allowed to go there.  He lived 2 months with them. After that he came to the home in June 2014. And Yes, It was June again when again he was diagnosed with cancer after several days of fever and cough. This time cancer was spread to his abdominal and Lungs. There are total 3 tumors this time. We went again to CMC Vellore for further treatment. After one month waiting for the treatment to get started, doctors admitted him for first cycle of chemotherapy. The delay was because of his cancer stage. It is in 4th stage this time. It is difficult for me to explain the emotions of my parents that time. I will come back here and update more on health condition and  journey of Abhishek .

No comments:

Post a Comment